Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
txilya txilya is offline

Default Excel 2000 Issue

Hi Scott,
Try ToolsOptionsView, then under Window options check Gridlines and Row &
column headers... other check boxes as needed.

Ilya

"Scott Nash" wrote:

Thanks...tried both and still no luck.

"Nick Hodge" wrote in message
Scott

Try ToolsOptionsGeneral and uncheck 'Ignore other applications' If you
cannot open excel try starting it from StartRun with Excel.exe /safe

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

HIS
www.nickhodge.co.uk

"Scott Nash" wrote in message
Hello,

I have a user running Windows 2000 Pro sp4 with Office 2000(sp3)

When he opens Excel, the workbook is BLANK. No gridlines, not column
headings..nothing..just white space.
I'm not aware of a NORMAL.dot for Excel, so I'm not sure if it's a
template
problem.

The other thing is, it works find under ADMIN. I made sure the user has
read/write to the Office folder and to his Applicataion data folder.

Also
tried creating a new profile for the user and reinstalling Office..

Still
no dice.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks