Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave F Dave F is offline

Default How do you add 18 years to a date in Excel?

If you want to avoid determining how many leap years are in the period you
could use:

=C3+(18*365+(round(18/4,0))

Dave
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"Vera Lemon" wrote:

This may be the long way, however, it worked for me...try this formula:

=C3+(18*365+4)

C3 would be the cell where your birthdate is. I multiplied 18 years times
365 days and had to add 4 because leap year occurs 4 times in an 18 year
period.

"Janelle Lister" wrote:

I'm trying to calculate the date of a person's 18th birthday using a formula
in Excel. For example, if the birthdate is January 1, 2000 the age of
majority is January 1, 2018. What formula can I enter to have Excel
calculate the date for me?

ExcelBanter Database Error
Database Error Database error
The ExcelBanter database has encountered a problem.

Please try the following:
  • Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
  • Open the www.excelbanter.com home page, then try to open another page.
  • Click the Back button to try another link.
The www.excelbanter.com forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.