Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gary L Brown Gary L Brown is offline

Default Replace Old Part Numbers with New Part Numbers in a Macro.

Create a Conversion worksheet.
Col A has the old #, Col B has the new #.
Now you can use the vLookup function to get the new # for all your lists.
HTH,
--
Gary Brown

If this post was helpful, please click the ''Yes'' button next to ''Was this
Post Helpfull to you?''.

"Jeffery Keown" wrote:

How can it be done? I have a list of old, busted numbers, I want to replace
them with new, shiny numbers. Not all lists that will be subject to the
macro will have all part numbers.

Sometimes, I'm saying, the macro will be searching for numbers that aren't
there. They are gennerally of a ABC12345 format, a 3 letter prefix and a 5
digit part number such as UNV51001.

I'll be loading a customers pricing, running the macro, and uploading it to
a new system. The new system doesn't like certain numbers, so we must
convert them.
--
Thanks,
Jeffery Keown