Ken Wright

which you can change.

Or find out why it was there in the first place and if there was valid
reason that negative values were prohibited :-)

--
Regards
Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03

"Ragdyer" wrote in message
Select one of the cells with the error message, and then:
<Data <Validation,
And see if you get the validation window with a formula, which you can
change.
--
HTH,

RD

-

-

"CML" wrote in message
In Excel, I get an error message when trying to enter a negative dollar
amount. "You must enter a dollar amount in this cell." How do I enter a
negative amount without the error message and still have it add up

correctly
at the ending column?