Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
morgan morgan is offline

Default Customized Toolbar Deployment for Excel 2002

Thanks. I'll try it and let you know.

"Alice Zhu [MSFT]" wrote:

Dear Morgan,

According to your description, my understanding of this issue is: you would
like to deploy the Excel customized toolbar to all the users in the
organization. You do not want to configure toolbar at each individual
workstation.

If I have misunderstood your concern, please feel free to let me know.

Based on my research, you are able to use Profile Wizard to restore the
customized toolbar. We could use the Profile Wizard to save the Excel
settings to an .ops file, and use the .ops file to restore the Excel
setting to another machine. However, we are not able to restore the Excel
toolbar to Word. You need to customize the Word toolbar first and then save
the Word setting and the Excel setting to an .ops file, use the .ops file
to restore the Excel and Word toolbar on another machine. In all the
machines we need to install Office XP Resource Kit to run Profile Wizard to
save or restore setting.

To use the Profile Wizard, please do as follows:

1. Download and run the Office XP Resource Kit from the following site:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...c79-b248-4eb9-
8057-be0043f5b881&displaylang=en&Hash=zgF6htKvmbZzOiCq4 iluuTo7rdDEr5uPT19f2X
f0aQiJUfyq2%2b734lS8ny4JIrOIHxQvcPDcMerJPDS7c6cDfw %3d%3d

2. On a machine which has the customized toolbar, click Start-All
Programs-Microsoft Office Tools-Microsoft Office XP Resource Kit
Tools-Profile Wizard.
3. Click Next.
4. Select "Save the Settings from this machine", in the "Select the
application for which you want to Save/Restore Settings" field, select
"Microsoft Word" and "Microsoft Excel". Click the Browse button to select
the path to save the .ops file. Click Finish.
5. After the .ops file is generated, click Exit.
6. Copy the .ops file to another machine on which you would like to restore
the customized toolbar, launch Profile Wizard.
7. Click Next.
8. Select "Restore Previously Saved Setting", clear the check box of "Reset
to default before restoring Settings", in the "Select the application for
which you want to Save/Restore Settings" field, select "Microsoft Word" and
"Microsoft Excel". Click Browse to select the .ops file you copied to the
machine, click Finish.
9. Click Exit.
10. Launch Excel, are the customized toolbars in Excel?

For more detailed information, please refer to the following article:
Using the Office Profile Wizard

Please try the suggestion and update me with the result at your earliest
convenience. We look forward to your reply.

Regards,
Alice Zhu

Microsoft Online Partner Support