Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Tushar Mehta Tushar Mehta is offline

Default How do I set up a graph out of multiple choice survey?

In article , mareah_0311
@discussions.microsoft.com says...
I am working on my Senior Thesis and trying to take a 10 question multiple
choice survey that I had people complete and chart/graph the results. I
haven't used Excel in years and I am completely lost!!!

One possibility:

Organize your data so that the responses from each person taking the test
are in one row. Take the answers and put them one answer per column. So,
if the names/ids of the responders are in column A, the answer to question 1
will be in column B, the response to question 2 in column C, etc.

Now, use XL's PivotTable (and if appropriate PivotChart) capability to
analyze the results. To access the capability, select Data | PivotTable and
PivotChart report...

Tushar Mehta
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions