Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
David David is offline

Default Merging Cells

I tried it that way, I honestly did. Then reverted to including content that
should, clearly, have been replaced. I entered the phrase 'A2:A150' and also
A2,A150' just to be sure. But, whilst the help and advice of experts such as
yourselves is greatly appreciated, do understand that it's sometimes easy to
forget just what degree of detail is needed in describing how to do
someting. I've been an IT trainer and do have some experience of this.
Imagine telling someone how to drive a car, who's never seen one
before...how would you describe changing gear? In terms of a gearstick? Of
second and fourth etc? What's a gear??

Anyway, I got there in the end. And to my mind, it's a shame that Excel has
so much trouble doing something so simple. Concatenating data in cells. Word
can do it!

Thanks for all your interest.

--
David Kitching Msc. Msc.
Managing Director

Tel: +44 (0) 1789 470040
Mob: +44 (0) 7799 118518
www.naturaldeco.co.uk

"Pete_UK" wrote in message
ups.com...
Too late, Gord, he's already done it using Word. Anyway, Dave told him
that yesterday.

Pete

Gord Dibben wrote:
David

There is no exclamation mark in my code.

I think that when you copied the code you also copied the Usage
instructions.

Just copy the part from

Function ConCatRange(CellBlock As Range) As String

down to and including

End Function

Gord

On Fri, 1 Sep 2006 09:33:51 +0100, "David" wrote:

Many thanks for this. But I keep getting the message'Compile Error:
Expected: list seperator or )' and the exclamation mark in the code
becomes
highlighted.

David

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP