RonMc5

Thanks for the amazingly quick reply. However I already knew it didn't work.
I haven't done any macros, so I was hoping for a more detatailed response to
get me started. I don't even know what a UDF is. I will try to find out
however.

Relative sheet responses WOULD be very useful though, don't you think?

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

Relative referencing does not work between sheets so you either have to use a
macro, UDF or do an edit replace

http://tinyurl.com/4ftky

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"RonMc5" wrote:

I use a workbook with 53 sheet to keep track of mileage info for expenses.
There are two references to the previous sheet. EG: Current sheet is sheet5!
I need to reference a cell sheet4! . I can do this now, but if I copy sheet 5
to sheet 6, the reference is still to sheet 4, instead of to sheet 5 so I
have to edit the refering cell each time to I copy to a new sheet. 51 times!
:) The last sheet is for summaries and totals and tax info.

I think I should be able to say sheet(-1)! . That looks like a good syntax
to me! :)

Any work arounds please?