Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave F Dave F is offline

Default if multiple values same/others different, return true

=IF(SUMIF([YOUR RANGE],1)=40,"TRUE","FALSE")

This returns the sum of all 1s in the range, and if it equals 40, then TRUE
is returned, else FALSE is returned.

Dave
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"Jshendel" wrote:

A challenge:
I have a list that has 48 columns in each row. Each cell has a score of
1-4. I would like a "true" return if specifically and only these cells have
a 1 and others do not have a 1.
For example:
A1, b1, c1, e1, g1, h1, i1, (etc.) have to be a 1 for the line to be true
D1, f1, j1, k1, (etc.) if any or all of these are not a 1, the line is true
Basically I have 40 cells that need to be a 1 and 8 cells that at least one
has a different number.

I could write if a1=b1=c1=e1=g1 etc., but that is a very long equation.

Thank you