Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dave F Dave F is offline

Default array formulas and getformula UDF

I use the following code to create a UDF, getformula:

Function GetFormula(Cell As Range) As String
GetFormula = Cell.Formula
End Function

When I use that formula to return an array formula, the forumla returned
appears as a conventional formula.

Example: I have a formula, =SUM(A1:B5*D1:E5), which is entered as an array
formula. How come the UDF returns it without the brackets {}? Anyway to get
the UDF to properly recognize an array formula?

(And yes, I realize that SUMPRODUCT can be used in place of SUM as an array,
and can therefore obviate this question...)