Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Change Startup Settings

Good workaround for the default font and fill colors.

Gord

On Mon, 31 Jul 2006 20:55:27 -0500, Dave Peterson

#1. A few options....an icon on your favorite toolbar is nice for those
workbooks inherited from others.

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...6324%40msn.com

#2. Notice that the color for the font and fill when you open excel. For me,
it's bright yellow fill and bright red font.

Tools|Options|Color Tab
(do this twice)

Find the color that is currently used (yellow or red) and select it. Then click
modify. Change that color to the color of your choice.

Do this for the other (fill or font), too.

These color changes live in the workbook--they're not an application setting.
So this will change the default color for the current workbook.

If you want to make the changes "permanent" for all new workbooks, then you'll
have to make these changes to your Book.xlt workbook template file in XLStart
(like Gord posted).

Excel will use that template workbook when you create a new workbook by clicking
on the new icon on the standard toolbar.

Slave2Six wrote:

Is there a way to change the startup settings so that gridlines are
never showing in a new document?

I also would like to modify the formatting toolbar so that I don't have
to reset the font color and fill color every time I open a new
document.

Are these possible?

--
Slave2Six