Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
David McRitchie David McRitchie is offline

Default What is keyboard shortcut equivalent to drag the fill handle

Doesn't really sound like you must use the keyboard only instead of
the mouse, so here is something you can do to speed up the process.

If you have something in each cell of the column to the left, or in the case
of Column A you have something to the right in each cell. You can
select A1:A2 and double-click on the fill handle.

You could use a formula in A1: =2*ROW()
and then type into the namebox A1:A500 then use Ctrl+D (fill down)

The namebox is to the left of the formula bar.

Also see http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/fillhand.htm

---
HTH,

"Jaleel" wrote in message ...
Put a formula in cell A2. =A1+2. Selecting A2, press shift and right arrow
until the final column you require. Then press Ctrl + R

"JZ" wrote:

Let's say, if two fields in one column has been filled with numerical
increament, i.e. A1 is 2 and A2 is 4. Now I want to fill the whole column
with this increament pattern till row A20. One thing we will all do is to
left click on the fill handle and drag it down to row A20. But if the task is
to fill to row 500, the mouse draging sometime won't be easy to locate the
row. I am wondering anyone can help me to find the keyboard shortcut
equivalent to that drag fill handle action.

Thanks