Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Toppers Toppers is offline

Default Excel Function for max of percentage or dollar amount

=Max(5000*0.1,400)

=MAX(A1*B1,C1)

A1=5000
B1=10% (cell formatted as %)
C1=400

HTH

"Keeprogoal" wrote:

I am working on an excel project in which I have a rent price say $5000. With
this rent I am trying to find a formula in which I can find the maximum one
needs to pay on this rent. The maximum is either a percentage of that rent or
a dollar amount. For example say the percentage is 10% of this rent or the
fixed amount is $400. I am trying to get the formula to decide which is
greater, and then have this information placed in another cell as the maximum
payment due on the rent of the two possibilities (either 10% of $5000 or
$400).

Thank you,
Philip