Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Kit Kit is offline

Default How do I display all conditional formatting in Excel?

Thanks to both of you for your prompt responses! But the problem is not yet
solved. To indicate which cells have conditional formatting is one thing, to
display the actual CFs which are there - in all the cells at once - is quite
another!
I use the CF in constructing a rota. Weeks are in separate columns and
anyone not available that week is placed in 5 or six cells at the bottome of
each column. The conditional formatting turns the text red if I inadvertently
place someone on duty that week. This ought to be foolproof! It is only when
something changes the CF that it doesn't work This results in me having to
do a tedious check of all the cells to see if errors have crept in. If I
could see a full screen of CFs - and even print it - this would be
time-saving.

Regards to you both from England,

Kit

"Marcelo" wrote:

hi Kit,

try this,

http://www.j-walk.com/ss/excel/usertips/tip045.htm

also you could see the formulas on the cell with Ctrl+~ or TOOLS | OPTIONS

hth
regards from Brazil
Marcelo

"Kit" escreveu:

Whilst it is possible to display all the formulas on an Excel 2003 worksheet,
it is only possible to display conditional formatting cell-by-cell. This is
tedious when checking for any errors, which are easy to acquire when pasting
from one cell to another.