Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier

Default Pls confirm 2007 chart redraw is up to 10 times slower than 20

It's not just optimization. If you've used the various charting and graphics
modules much in 2007 Beta 2, you will have noticed that a lot of things are
still a bit off. It's a combination of correcting the glitches, optimizing
the internal processes, and who knows what else, that will improve the
performance of the program.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"larry godfrey" wrote in message
Sorry for being too casual about the beta part...
However, I would not expect optimization for speed to handle a 10X slow
down.
I have run some additional tests using VBA for sheet calculations. If I
calculate a singele row in a complex sheet inside vba, it takes 15! times
longer in the 2007 beta vs 2003.

The only time I see 2007 beta any better in speed compared to 2003 is in a
workbook where 2003 dependency limit has been exceeded so 2003 has to do a
full recalc while 2007 beta only does a "changed" recalc.

Has anyone else done some speed tests?

Best Regards
Larry

"Mike Middleton" wrote:

Larry -

Keep in mind that you are not using Excel 2007. Unless you have been able
time-transport yourself into the future, you are actually using Excel
2007
Beta 2. And you should not expect that a Beta version is optimized for
speed.

- Mike
www.mikemiddleton.com