Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
larry godfrey

Default Pls confirm 2007 chart redraw is up to 10 times slower than 20

Sorry for being too casual about the beta part...
However, I would not expect optimization for speed to handle a 10X slow down.
I have run some additional tests using VBA for sheet calculations. If I
calculate a singele row in a complex sheet inside vba, it takes 15! times
longer in the 2007 beta vs 2003.

The only time I see 2007 beta any better in speed compared to 2003 is in a
workbook where 2003 dependency limit has been exceeded so 2003 has to do a
full recalc while 2007 beta only does a "changed" recalc.

Has anyone else done some speed tests?

Best Regards
Larry

"Mike Middleton" wrote:

Larry -

Keep in mind that you are not using Excel 2007. Unless you have been able to
time-transport yourself into the future, you are actually using Excel 2007
Beta 2. And you should not expect that a Beta version is optimized for
speed.

- Mike
www.mikemiddleton.com