Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
babiigirl

Default Complicated formula please help asap!

Hi,
I'm still kinda new at excel. They are wanting me to keep this spreadsheet
as simple as possible whne it comes to having to enter numbers. When I add a
column though it seems to throw off the whole formula for the "on time" or
"late" column. Is there any way to avoid that?
babiigirl

"Andy" wrote:

Hi

I can't think of a way around this without VBA programming. Maybe you could
use an extra column and type in a * when the job overruns - to show that the
date has been changed. Your formula could then be:
=IF(OR(TODAY()L75,M75="*"),"Late","On time")

Is that any use to you?
Andy.

"babiigirl" wrote in message
I am working on a microsft excel spreadsheet for my boss( excel 2000). We
are
working on a spreadsheet dealing with a lot of formulas. I have one column
that tells whether a work is lat eor not. This formula automatically
enters "
late" or "on time" which is great, but if a work is late then i must
chnage
the date in one of the columns so I know the actual due date. The problem
is
the column I must change the due date is one of the ones in the formula
for
the status column and when I change that date for our records it
automatically changes the work to on time when in reality it wasn't. I was
wondering if there is any way that after I enter that inital date if I can
get the status to stay at either "late" or "on time" and it will not
chnage
when I change the new due date. Is there a way I can adjust the formula to
this?
This is the formula I am using for the status =IF(TODAY()<=L75, "On
Time","Late"). This is the formula for the due date =W75-4. Please help if
you can!