Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Norman Jones

Default "translate" numbers into words

Hi MivPiv.

You could download Laurent Longre's MoreFunc addin which is freely
downloadable at:

http://xcell05.free.fr/

The addin includes the NBTEXT function which converts a positive number into
spelled-out text (supports 13 languages).

Also see:
'How to convert a numeric value into English words in Excel'

and
http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb;en-us;259663
'How To Convert Currency or Numbers into English Words'

If you are not familiar with macros, you may wish to visit David McRitchie's
'Getting Started With Macros And User Defined Functions' at:

---
Regards,
Norman

"MivPiv" wrote in message
I have one column which contains cost numbers. Column E.
I would like to automatically "translate" the cost number into a word in
the
next cell in columnF

I hvave tried to do like this =IF(E20=300015;"Staff Cost") and that of
course works. But what do I do when I have 30-50 differetn numbers to
choose
from. i have tried to put more "IF's" in there and just continue the
formula
for each number/word - but that doesnt seem to help.

I appreciate any help I can get on this
Best regards,
Miv