Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default wrap text function causes data to disappear in cell (visually

I also have this issue. The main differences are that I'm using Excel
2000, and XP. It's on a laptop using dual monitors, but switching
monitors doesn't help.

I've tried the instructions below (Excel /o) and it does not fix my
problem.

Lakin

HFB wrote:
I also had this issue in Excel 2003 and XP. I do not know enough about
Excel to know why this worked, but I solved it by having Excel
re-register with the OS. This can be done by going to the "Run..."
command in the start menu and typing the following:

Excel /o

Be sure to close Excel before running this command. This evidently
re-registers Excel and fixes the bad value. I hope this helps, it took
me a long time to figure it out, and an Excel expert finally helped me
clear it up!

- Jason

Hanr3 wrote:
Check to make sure the data from an adjoining cell isn't hidding this cell.
Easiest way is to auto adjust the column wideth of the surrounding
coumns/rows. Also make sure the date isn't centered in the cell.
--
Life is an adventure, are you living it?

These are just my opinions, please feel free to correct them if they are
wrong.

"Chris" wrote:

I am having this problem as well. Whenever word wrap is enabled on a
cell, the text is not visible in the cell. If I select the cell, the
text is visible in the formula bar. It is also visible in Print
Preview. The issue is not related to cell width or height... it occurs
even with a small entry in the cell. The text color is not white on a
white background. So it is something else on this PC. The same file
works fine on another PC. Any help would be appreciated.