Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
KLD

Default How can I calculate amount of time left based on amount spent?

Okay maybe this will help:
I have $500,000. I have six months time in which this money must be spent,
or lost. I got the funds 4/1. In April, I spent $120,000. I need the
formula to tell me how long I would have if I kept spending $120,000 a month.
I'll change the cell refrence on a monthly basis, that way if I spend
$135,000 in May, I will get a new calc. since obviously the funds would run
out more quickly. Hope that helps!

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

An example might help.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"KLD" wrote in message
I need a way to calculate time left based on how much has been spent to

date.
I have an original amount, and a period that the money has been set up to

be
spent in, so I need a way to calculate how long we have to spend it based

on
what was spent previously.