Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
d_kight

Default logic that returns a count

Pete,
I think this is exactly what I was looking for. I tried something similar
to this and it kept returning a #value? Is there a way to use this when
there are blank cells as well?

"Pete_UK" wrote:

Try this array* formula:

=SUM(IF((B1:B500="Indiana/01")*(D1:D500="enroll"),1,0))

* As this is an array formula, once you have typed it in (or
subsequently edit it) you need to use CTRL-SHIFT-ENTER instead of just
ENTER. If you do this correctly, then Excel will wrap curly braces { }
around the formula - you must not type these yourself.

I have assumed the data is in rows 1 to 500 - adjust to suit.

Hope this helps.

Pete