Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ardus Petus

Default Leaving an empty cell empty

=IF(A1="","",IF(A1=1,0,1))

HTH
--
AP

"GRL" a écrit dans le message de

"Doug Kanter" ha scritto nel messaggio
"GRL" wrote in message
Using an "IF" formula, I need to leave empty the empty cells (I mean,
cells containing nothing). I tried many ways, f.e., putting a "" if

the
formula finds and empty cell, but Excel (2003) puts something all the
times.
Thanks to all.
Giovanni

Look at this formula:
=IF($A14=0,"",$A14*G14)

See the two commas in the middle, surrounding the double quotation

marks?
Do you have something like that in your formula?

Thank you, but my problem is a little more complex: I have a column with

all
the cells containing only "1" or "0" or being empty. I need to reverse

the
"1"'s into "0"'s, and vice versa, and to leave the empty cells as they

are.
I'm not able to find how to do it.
Giovanni