Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier

Default Box-and-whisker chart (box plots)

Excel has no box plot feature, but it provides features which can be cobbled
together into a box plot, and here is how:

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/BoxWhiskerV.html
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/BoxWhiskerH.html

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services - Tutorials and Custom Solutions -
http://PeltierTech.com/
2006 Excel User Conference, 19-21 April, Atlantic City, NJ
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ExcelUserConf06.html
_______

"James" wrote in message
I created a box plot graph in excel (2000) yesterday and still have the
chart.
Today I have been trying to do it again using different data and can't
work
out how I did it. These forums tell me that there is no boxplot function
in
excel, but I successfully used it yesterday.
Trying to remember the steps I took yesterday, I think I pressed a button
that looked a bit like a sigma symbol.
Please help...