Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Max

Default I want a formula to ignore text values in cell references

Just some thoughts .. If it's to sum numbers,
we could use, eg: =SUM(A1:A3)
instead of : =A1+A2+A3

SUM will ignore text,
while : =A1+A2+A3 would return #VALUE!
if there are text within the range

And if there's the possibility of "text" numbers within the range, which
should also be included in the sum together with real numbers, then one way
is to try,
array-entered (press CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER):
=SUM(IF(ISNUMBER(--A1:A3),--A1:A3))

[ =SUM(A1:A3) would ignore text numbers ]
--
Max
Singapore
"Russellrupert" wrote in message
If text is input into some cells referenced by a formula I want the

formula
to ignore whatever text it finds and just calculate the result of the

numbers
in cells. How do i do this?
Presently the formula displays #VALUE! where there is text in one or more

of
the cells referenced.