Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
pmpjr

Default Open Excel 2003 from Windows Explorer

Excel works except for opening ANY .xls file from Windows Explorer WHEN Excel
is NOT opened. If Excel is opened first, it works.

1. Cannot click on file|print preview as Excel acts as if it is locked up.
I can reposition the Excel window. Only the minimize, maximize, and Close
buttons operate when I click on them.

2. Ignore other applications was already unchecked.

3. Did excel/unregserver & excel /regserver but receive no joy!

Other Office products work as expected except this problem with Excel. All
I can do is insure that I open Excel before clicking on Excel files in
Windows Exploer.

pmpjr wrote:

Application name Microsoft Excel SP2
Version 11.0
Build 6560
Product ID Not Available
Application path C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11
Language English (United States)

Cannot open Excel file from Windows Explorer if Excel has not been opened
first. What I see on the screen is Excel without a spreadsheet. Clicking on
any menu or button fails to work. Can only click on the Close red X to close
Excel. As Excel closes, I can see the spreadsheet forjust a flash. I do not
know what to do to fix this.

--

Dave Peterson

--