Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
exceluserforeman

Default Open Excel 2003 from Windows Explorer

Yes,
This also is in Excel10. You have to File Open to open the workbook. I
have noticed that other office applications actually open the file without
having to execute the application.exe first

Word is okay. Have not tried Access. Powerpoint is also okay. There must be
something in Excel Options to allow the file to open when you
click(double-click) a workbook.

Maybe uncheck "Startup Task Pane" in 0ptions. It made no difference to me,
though.

"pmpjr" wrote:

Application name Microsoft Excel SP2
Version 11.0
Build 6560
Product ID Not Available
Application path C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11
Language English (United States)

Cannot open Excel file from Windows Explorer if Excel has not been opened
first. What I see on the screen is Excel without a spreadsheet. Clicking on
any menu or button fails to work. Can only click on the Close red X to close
Excel. As Excel closes, I can see the spreadsheet forjust a flash. I do not
know what to do to fix this.