Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

Default Open Excel 2003 from Windows Explorer

If you do file|print preview, do you see your worksheet?

If yes, then try:
window|arrange|tiled
and resize it the way you want.

If no, ...

Sometimes one of these works:

Tools|Options|General|Ignore other applications (uncheck it)

--- or ---

Close Excel and
Windows Start Button|Run
excel /unregserver
then
Windows Start Button|Run
excel /regserver

factory defaults.

pmpjr wrote:

Application name Microsoft Excel SP2
Version 11.0
Build 6560
Product ID Not Available
Application path C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11
Language English (United States)

Cannot open Excel file from Windows Explorer if Excel has not been opened
first. What I see on the screen is Excel without a spreadsheet. Clicking on
any menu or button fails to work. Can only click on the Close red X to close
Excel. As Excel closes, I can see the spreadsheet forjust a flash. I do not
know what to do to fix this.

--

Dave Peterson