Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Shirley Munro

Default Copying a Formula which contains a link to another worksheet

Hi

Thanks for your reply but I have tried creating the formulas along the
row rather than down the column. Assume I am starting in cell B2. The
formula for this cell is ='Sheet1'!D3 and the formula in C2 is
='Sheet1'!F3. because I am now copying along the row rather than down
the column I have no need to make any part of the cell absolute. I am
then selecting cells B2 and C2 and dragging these across cells D2
onwards. However, what happens is that when I copy this across the
formula that appears in D2 is exactly the same as that in C2
(='Sheet1'F3) but the formula in E2 then changes to ='Sheet1'!H3. I
want the formula in C2 to become ='Sheet1'!H3 and the formula in D2 to
become ='Sheet2'!J3 and so on.

Any more suggestions would be good.

Shirley

--