Ken Wright

Hi Geoff - Is it just me or is TT down and out for the count at the moment?

Regards
Ken.................

"xlbo" wrote:

Personally, I would use SUMPRODUCT for this as it allows functions to be
performed on the range you are checking. For your setup, I have assumed the
following:

Customer Numbers in colA Sheet1
Dates in colB on sheet1
Sales in ColC on sheet1
data from row 2 to row 1000 (headers in row 1)

In sheet 2, customer number in A2 and "Jan" in B1, "Feb" in C1 etc

In B2, enter:
=SUMPRODUCT((Sheet1!$A$2:$A$1000=A2)*(MONTH(Sheet1 !$B$2:$B$1000)=B$1)*(Sheet1!$C$2:$C$1000))

and copy across / down

HTH
Rgds
Geoff

"D@annyBoy" wrote:

looking for tips on how to accomplish the following

I have 10 customers who buy goods from me every month

In worksheet A, I input dates and sales value.

customer a

date sales
01/jan/04 500.00
15/jan/04 200.00

4/feb/04 300.00
28/feb/04 450.00

in worksheet B I want to use functions to query sales from each customer for
each month

for example;

jan feb etc
customer a 700 750

I am trying to figure out how to extract the sales from worksheet A and
display the total monthly sales in worksheet B.

SUMIF(range,criteria,sum_range)

How do I set the criteria to months

date input is d/m/y

can I use 1/1/04 but <31/1/04