Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Ken Wright

Default How can I change dollar sybbol to euro symbol?

Ok, glad you are sorted but not sure how that counts as changing a dollar
symbol?

What you have described is what I suggested, ie formatting the data, though
granted if you werent aware of how to actually enter the Euro symbol in the
formatting dialog box, then it didn't really help :-)

Regards
Ken................................

"zwerver" wrote in message
Hi Ken,

thanks for the info. It was not what I needed. I finally figured out the
various way to use the Euro symbol Including these ways to type it in:
FN alt 0128

Control alt e

Insert symbol type 20AC as the character code
Also
Select the cells that you want to format as euro currency style.
Click Euro on the Formatting toolbar (toolbar: A bar with buttons and
options that you use to carry out commands. To display a toolbar, click
Customize on the Tools menu, and then click the Toolbars tab.). If Euro
is
not available, you must load the Euro Currency Tools add-in (add-in: A
supplemental program that adds custom commands or custom features to
Microsoft Office.) program.

"Ken Wright" wrote:

If data is numeric then use Format Cells and choose a format with a Euro
symbol, or if text just do an Edit / Replace.

--
Regards
Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03