Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Ron de Bruin

Default Formatting email and web addresses in Excel

Hi JohnnyJomp

In 2002 and up you can change this

Tools Options Spelling
Press "AutoCorrect Options" Button
AutoFormat As You Type Tab
Remove Check from "Internet and network paths with hyperlinks"
OK
OK

If you have fill in a address and Enter to confirm you
can use Ctrl-Z to make it text.

Or start with a '

You can run this macro also to make text of all hyperlinks
in your worksheet

Sub test()
ActiveSheet.Hyperlinks.Delete
End Sub

Alt-F11
InsertModule from the menubar
paste the sub in there
Alt-Q to go back to Excel

If you do Alt-F8 you get a list of your macro's
Select "test" and press Run

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"JohnnyJomp" wrote in message ...
Thank you Gary's Student!
John

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

Put a single quote (apostrophe) in front of the address
--
Gary's Student

"JohnnyJomp" wrote:

Hi all...
I want to put email and web addresses in my worksheets, but I do not want
them to be active links. IOW, they should be just text, not links to emails
or web pages.

I have tried formatting the cells as text and general. I have even put the
web address without the www., but it still reformats it!

Any tips???
Thanks!
JJ