Patricia Martinez

Yes, I know abou that. The problem is that it filters rows and not columns.
Is there a way to hide columns?

"Steve Smallman" wrote:

Patricia,

On the data menu is an entry called Filter, under that is an entry called
auto filter.

This turns on the drop down filter arrows to filter a list in place and on
the fly.

I think this is what you are after.

Steve
"Patricia Martinez" wrote in
message ...
I have a table that kind of looks like this:

Auto Dinner IE Welcome Ball
Corp Annual Rpt
Name Company Title
P.M. Ford President X
J.M. Microsoft CEO X X
K.M. Microsoft CFO X

The first three letter of the "event" signal the industry we are
targeting,
so Auto will be for Automotive, Corp for Corporate, IE for Industrial
Equipment, etc. I need to set up a drop down field that will filter by
Industry, for example if I only want to only see the "events" for
Automotive
my table will reduce to this:

Auto Dinner Corp Annual
Rpt
Name Company Title
P.M. Ford President X X
J.M. Microsoft CEO X X

K.M. Microsoft CFO X

The ones marked Corp should always display but the one starting with IE
will
dissapear. Something similar will happen if I select IE then Auto Dinner
will hide, etc.

Is there a way to do this?