Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
CLR

Default Can't find formula for largest value in multiple cells

=LARGE(A1:C50,1)
or
=MAX(A1:C50)

Either formula will return the largest value from the range of A1 through
C50............

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"telewats" wrote:

I'm trying to create a spreadsheet that pulls data from another
spreadsheet in the same file as well as data from other files. In the
attached spreadsheets, I have fields that find the largest value based
on dates entered in multiple cells (ie. In my first spreadsheet, I have
formulas to find the largest date on that page (=largest(xx:xx), and on
my 'master' spreadsheet, I want to find the largest date from the
formulas I just mentioned). The problem I'm finding is that excel won't
let me include more than two cells in my last formula. It tells me I'm
entering too much data. Can someone tell me how to do this?

--
telewats
telewats's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30270