Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.excel
Max

Default searching a large database with a long list of search terms

... I'm not sure if he (or you or Max) ensured that
there were no duplicates between the sheets.

Pete,

I followed the OP's response (below)
to David (the first responder) as the "state-of-events":

David asked:
.. The other 6 sheets, where the lookup is taking place, there are not
duplicate lookup values, ie aaa, bbb, ccc would only have a single entry
somewhere on the six other sheets and only one city associated with each
lookup value?

OP's reply to David:
Yes, these are unique.

Also, as clarified in my responses since:

.. I presumed what the OP would like to have
was to match & extract separate returns from each of the 6 sheets
for all the 3000 lines. Then he could assess further what he wants done.

My suggestion simply lines up all the returns from the 6 sheets
for each of the 3000 lines in 6 cols.

--
Rgds
Max