Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Financial Admin

Default A function to make date red if it is over 30 days old

Hi!
This worked for me only when I delete the date (NOW) after I complete the
conditional formatting. I found this out by accident... When I left the
conditional formatting box and got fustrated and deleted the cell that I have
"NOW" formula for today's date, the formatting was applied and I got the
result.. Is it supposed to do that?

"intruder9" wrote:

You could use conditional formating. Say you chose a cell A1, in this
cell you enter the date you are looking to compare to the date in
question. Select the date you want to turn red, for this example we
will use F3 and click FORMAT CONDITIONAL FORMAT chose "Formula is"
in the drop down box and for the formula put =(F3-A1)30, now press on
the format box and choose red for the font color. Whenever this is
above 30 days apart the date will turn red.

--
intruder9
intruder9's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30107