Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ron Coderre

Default copyrighting spreadsheets

I don't think your problem is with the MS EULA. That pretty much says what
you can and can't do with MS Excel software (modify it, install on other
machines, etc) , not your application.

My understanding is this, though:

If you are the employee of a company and you develop your application on
their equipment, on their time, and/or for them....and you do NOT have a
written waiver of intellectual property rights from your company....
Then THEY own the application, not you. That is regardless of how
undererving you may think they are and how morally justified you believe you
are.

However, if they grant you explicit permission to market that application
and waive all rights to it, then go for it.

Other opinions?

Regards,
Ron

"PAtrick" wrote:

I have worked very long and hard on a company specific workbook that is very
detailed. I have distributed it within my company very successfully. The
workbook could be very helpful to a specific group of local companies and it
has been suggested I sell it to them. Can a workbook be copyrighted and/ or
sold without violating the EULA??