Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben

Default Excel file automatically opens

This message can occur if any empty module(s) left over after deleting any
macros that were created.

With that workbook open, go to VBE and look for any "module" in the project.

Right-click and "remove".

Click "no" to do you want to export.

For more on this see Debra Dalgleish's site.

http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlfaqMac.html#NoMacros

This info, of course, does not resolve the original problem with Trouble.xls

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Sun, 4 Dec 2005 12:43:31 -0600, Lost4Now
wrote:

Noticed one thing! One of the my files opens with the "Macro Caution -
Enable or Disable" thing-a-ma-jig. The file doesn't contain any
macros???? This is a new file that was created long after I began
having problems.

Any virus or hidden macros known to cause excel to act this way? I'm
using '97 and 2000!