Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
Gord Dibben

Default unhide menu bar in excel - just disappeared

Sean

You have an add-in or your Personal.xls opening with some workbook_open or
auto_open code that disables these items.

Hit ALT + F11 to see what workbooks/projects are showing up in the Project
Explorer.

Maybe one in there with some code.

Go to ToolsAdd-ins and see what you have checked in there.

You may have to uncheck all the add-ins then start Excel and add them back one
at a time until you find the one that is doing the deed.

Currently, do you see Personal.xls in WindowUnhide?

There are a couple of other options.

Check out your XLSTART folder for files that may be opening hidden.

C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART

In ToolsOptionsGeneral do you have a path in "At startup, only all files
in"?

If so, delete that path.

After you have a look around post back with the results.

Gord

On Sat, 3 Dec 2005 12:23:01 -0800, "Sean"
wrote:

Gord,

Is there any way of keeping this so it opens correctly every time I open
Excel. All this commands work but when I close Excel down all the changes
revert back to as it was before with out menu bar or right hand mouse options.

When I have got it back and in excel is there any options I need to choose
to make it permanent. I have deinstalled office and reinstalled it today, so
is this a registery setting.

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Sean

For the row right-click try this line

Application.CommandBars("row").Enabled = True

For columns use "column"

Gord

On Sat, 3 Dec 2005 00:13:02 -0800, "Sean"
wrote:

Gord,

That's Great Thanks. My menu bar has all appeared, but the right hand mouse
button functions are still not working. When you highlight a row for example
you can right click and you get options to cut / paste / format ect. this is
something I do a lot to speed up my work, any Ideas

Sean...

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Sean

Hit ALT + F11 to get to the Visual Basic Editor.

Do you have a menu here?

If so ViewImmediate Window.

Copy/paste this in there and hit ENTER.

Application.CommandBars("Worksheet Menu Bar").Enabled = True

Also.......

Application.CommandBars("Cell").Enabled = True

ALT + Q to go back to Excel Window.

OK now?

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Fri, 2 Dec 2005 08:22:02 -0800, "Sean"
wrote:

Zack,

There is no menu bar at the top of page. no option to go to file / view /
tools / edit can anyone help. In excel when you right click in cell / row
can't get options cut / paste/ format etc.

Sean...

"Zack Barresse" wrote:

Hello Sean,

Not sure what "right hand mouse functions" are, but try Tools | Customize |
Toolbars | Worksheet Menu Bar (checked).

Zack Barresse, aka firefytr, (GT = TFS FF Zack)
To email, remove the NO SPAM. Please keep correspondence to the board, as
to benefit others.

"Sean" wrote in message
I have been working in Excel 2003 and the menu bar and the right hand mouse
functions have all disapperaed, I can't find any help to get them back