Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
fullers

Default Indirect Formula

Thanks for that.

Have just tried using the formula indirect.ext as follows:

=INDIRECT.EXT("'S:\Pricing\Performance Templates\2005 Q3\Performance
Templates\[Partner 1.xls]Review - Creditor'!A1")

unfortunately it doesn't seem to work. Anything obvious you can spot that I
am doing wrong with the formula?

Thanks

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

It looks at though you want to access a closed workbook, doesn't work with
INDIRECT.

Try Laurent Longre's MOREFUNC utility. It is free, and you can find it at

http://xcell05.free.fr/

--

HTH

RP

"fullers" wrote in message
I want to use the indirect formula so I can put the directory path in a

cell
and link to it.

I want to link to a a spreadsheet located here - S:\Pricing\Performance
Templates\2005 Q3\Performance Templates\

The spreadsheet is called "Partner 1.xls" and the worksheet is called
"Review - Creditor" and I want to look at cell A1.

How would I write this?

Thanks in advance.