Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ross C

Default Make Exec work properly (error messages on start and exit)

Hello:

I have this same error after installing Adobe CS Suite. Interestinly, it
does not occur under my user name. Any other user does have the error
AutoExec in Word and AutoExecNew in Excel (Office 2003) I found the
PDFMaker.dot and renamed it PDFMaker.old. This cured the error in Word and
Outlook; however, renaming PDFMaker.xla to PDFMaker.old does nothing to stop
the error in Excel. I have tried looking for PDFwriter.xla - but there is no
file by that name on my computer. I also get the DisMon error on closing
Excel.

Any other thoughts??

Thanks,
Ross

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

Try a little more research the time, MS can be blamed for many things but
hardly for badly written 3rd party add-ins

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=307410

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"TorG 8-((" wrote:

Whenever entering Exec, I get the error message: Microsoft Visual Basic:
Compile error in hidden module: AutoExecNew.
on exit, the error message reads: Microsoft Visual Basic: Compile error in
hidden module: DistMon.

Annoying! Try a little testing before next release...

I am running Excel 2003 (11.6355.6360) SP1