Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

Default Trim Function

BTW, mine is agnostic to how many letters or numbers are in the string, even
0

--

HTH

RP

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message
In B1, use

=LEFT(A1,MIN(IF(ISERROR(1*(MID(A1,ROW(INDIRECT("A1 :A"&LEN(A1))),1))),ROW(IND
IRECT("A1:A"&LEN(A1))),255))-1)

which is an array formula, so commit with Ctrl-Shift-Enter

In C1,

=SUBSTITUTE(A1,B1,"")

and copy doen

--

HTH

RP

"Matt M HMS" <Matt M wrote in message
Hello and thanks in advance -

I have a column of room numbers with [alphas] mixed in as seen below.

100
101D
103F
104
1004E

Note that the numeric values are sometimes in the thousand range. I need

create a column B where the numeric value of the room number will be

split
up
from column C, the alpha, as below;

A B C