Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Biff

Default increase conditional formating options

Hi!

What number do I use for Today as it must change everyday?

You would use the TODAY() function.

Do I have to reformat the cell every day??

No, The TODAY() function is a volatile function meaning that it updates
every time the file calculates.

You should post this in the programming forum and include all the conditions
in your post. The more info you provide the easier it will be for someone to
come up with a good solution.

Biff

"Eqa" wrote in message
Biff

What number do I use for Today as it must change everyday? Do I have to
reformat the cell every day?? I do not understand how to get the info from
your second link either. Sorry for sounding like a dill.

"Biff" wrote:

Hi!

Dates *ARE* numbers! (unless you specifically enter a date TEXT string)
They're just numbers formatted to look like dates.

The technique from that first link won't work for your situtation.

That add-in from the second link should work (although I've never tried
it.
The authors are highly regarded and reputable.)

Other than those 2 choices your only remaining option is VBA code. I
can't
help with that.

Biff

"Eqa" wrote in message
This doesn't seem to help me using dates only numbers. How do i apply
this
a variety of old dates ? EG over 30 days old over 60 days old etc from
today?

"Biff" wrote:

Hi!

Take a look at these:

http://mcgimpsey.com/excel/conditional6.html

http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.....Download.html

Biff

"Eqa" wrote in message
How do I increase the No. of formats in conditional formating from
3
to 6