Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
PATRICK AND CHERY LANANE

Default How do I save my 'sort criteria' in an Excel file?

Could U set up a custom view for the data that you to retrieve?
I have used that for same criteria data that was repetitious, I customized
various views pulling the fields of info I needed for a particular report.
It was a 'quick fix' for what I needed and not enough time/experience to
figure it all out..

"Jobod" wrote in message
Having established a sort order over 3 columns in a file, I find that it
works quite well with no problems. When I return to that file after
inserting new data, and wish to re-sort to the previous established sort
order, I find that I have to go through the 3 columns again to set my

order.
There does not appear to be any way to save that sort order for that
particular file.
I am using Microsoft Excel 2000 v 9.0.6926 SP3