Otto Moehrbach

Default Keeping a sum colum correct after inserting a colum of data in fro

Hazel
I'm not sure what you are summing. If you're summing each individual
column and you have to insert a new formula each month, you can simply drag
the formula you have across to all the columns that you don't have yet.
When you put data in the new columns the formula will already be there.
Or are you summing all the columns together using one formula? In that
case change the formula to encompass all the 12 columns and more rows than
you think you will ever use. Something like:
=Sum(A1:L1000)
Or did I miss something? HTH Otto
"hazel" wrote in message
Help: I have a simple sum calculation and every month I insert a column
and
type in new data. How can I get my sums to work without having to
redefine
the sum range every month?

I am sure there is some excel wizard out there that knows an easy way to
do
this. Please help..thanks Hazel