Rick

Default Percentage formula in Excel spreadsheet

Don't know what was wrong but I did the formula again and this time it
worked, although the percentage answer was a couple of points out it is close
enough. Thanks again. Rick

"CLR" wrote:

I just duplicated your description of your situation in XL2k, including copy
and paste your G14 formula, and it all seems to work fine.........perhaps a
typo on your spreadsheet?

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Rick" wrote in message
Hi, In my spreadsheet cell E14 adds up E2 - E14 and cell C14 adds up C2 -
C14. In G14 I have put a formula to show the difference between E14 and

C14
as a Percentage ( formula for G14 is =SUM(E14-C14)/ABS(E14) ). When

the
Formula for G14 looks at E14 and C14 all it sees is a SUM formula to add

up
the column. Does anyone know how to solve this problem. Many thanks for
looking. Rick