Gauthier

Hi Ron...fyi - i finally came up w/ a solution that works...

I changed the heading in B1 to LEN

In the source data, I added another column with the heading LEN and the
formula as directed to determine your TRUE result. I adjusted the named
range data_range_for_filter to include the extra column.

I ran the code with these modifications and it worked!

Thanks for all your help and looking at my workbook for me!

Sandi

"Ron Rosenfeld" wrote in message
On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 22:54:42 -0400, "Gauthier"

wrote:

Hi Ron...clueless here...
my criteria range is defined in range B1:D3 as follows:

COL B.......COL C.....COL D
row 1..... ......MM-YY.... MM-YY
row 2..... TRUE.....=200212.....<=200305
row 3..... TRUE..... =200312

the TRUE field contains the formula u provided - =LEN(A7)<=8
A7 is where my DATA starts
A6 is where the HEADERS begin - would that be it?

any suggestions?
sandi

Send me a copy of your workbook, and I'll look at it. You may email it to

me
at the following address, but you will have to reverse all the letters and

then
replace the "AT" with the obvious.

moc.enilnodlefnesorTAzyx

--ron