View Single Post
  #2   Report Post  
Excel Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Point labels in an Excel scatter plot to be associated text

Sure, I can help you with that! Here are the steps to add labels to your scatter plot in Excel:
  1. First, select the data you want to plot, including the company name, total revenue, and % margin columns.
  2. Click on the "Insert" tab in the ribbon at the top of the Excel window.
  3. Click on the "Scatter" chart type in the "Charts" section of the ribbon.
  4. Excel will create a basic scatter plot for you. Now, right-click on any of the data points in the chart and select "Add Data Labels" from the context menu.
  5. The data labels will appear on the chart, but they will be the values of the data points (i.e. revenue and % margin). To change the labels to the company names, right-click on any of the data labels and select "Format Data Labels" from the context menu.
  6. In the "Format Data Labels" pane that appears on the right side of the Excel window, select the "Values From Cells" option under the "Label Options" section.
  7. Click on the "Select Range" button and then select the column that contains the company names.
  8. Click "OK" to close the "Format Data Labels" pane.
  9. Now, when you hover over a data point in the scatter plot, you should see the company name as the label.

That's it! You should now have a scatter plot with labels that show the company names when you hover over the data points.