Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Claus Busch Claus Busch is offline

Default Automagic Subtotals in Pivot Table

Hi Duane,

Am Fri, 7 May 2021 09:17:16 -0500 schrieb dpb:

Actually, I have one more issue that isn't really related to the pivot
table other than it's an artifact of the attempts to try to create one--

When I created a table from the range following some hints I read on one
of the many web sites, Excel "helpfully" inserted alternate-row shading
on top of the existing background fill colors that I don't want to lose.

How can one remove that distracting and now hard-to-read shading without
destroying the other background fill? I can, of course, just trash this
sheet entirely and start over again, but I had done some preliminary
rearranging that would have to redo not knowing what Excel was going to
do to me...

select the PivotTable = Design and choose a PivotTable style you like.
You can also play around with "Banded Rows" and "Banded Columns".

Regards
Claus B.
--
Windows10