Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
dpb dpb is offline

Default Automagic Subtotals in Pivot Table

On 5/6/2021 5:49 PM, Claus Busch wrote:
Hi,

Am Thu, 6 May 2021 16:19:52 -0500 schrieb dpb:

It has anywhere from 4-8 separate sections corresponding to monthly
scholarship billings that are extracted from the workbook Financial Aid
sends as the bill to the Foundation; we have to then code the funds to
which individual awards are to be billed internally to/tracked by the
Foundation by the source of the funds.

try:
Options = Quick Access Toolbar and add "PivotTable and PivotChart
Wizard"
With that tool you can choose "Multiple consolidation ranges"

or have a look:
https://www.contextures.com/xlpivot08.html

Regards
Claus B.

Thanks...that'll help for overall sanity check. For accounting each
monthly billing has to be posted during the month was accrued so have to
keep those separate -- although on occasion there may be two billings in
a given month, so that could be helpful there, too...although generally
the bookkeeper will enter the two (or more) separately so can check
against the entry for the given month/billing; they're then converted to
values the following month and new billing recorded.

Thank you again, Claus, for the pointers -- did help me figure out what
made no sense to me originally, for sure.