Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Saed Iseed Saed Iseed is offline

Default Double click on icon opens Excel but does not open file

On Tuesday, December 25, 2007 at 4:15:35 AM UTC+2, Dave Peterson wrote:
Sometimes one of these works when you're having trouble with double clicking on
the file in windows explorer:
Tools|Options|General|Ignore other applications (uncheck it)
--- or ---
Close Excel and
Windows Start Button|Run
excel /unregserver
then
Windows Start Button|Run
excel /regserver
factory defaults.
Maybe one of these will work for you.
dymax613 wrote:

When I double click on an Excel link, the excel application (container)
opens, but the file does not load. Status bar show "Ready" and nothing
further happens. To open an excel file, I must follow the path from with in
the Excel application. What went wrong? This just started happening. I used
to be able to open Excel files simply by double clicking on the icon. Someone
please help!!!

--
Dave Peterson

Thanks, ignore other applications works good